Nobody Gets You Your DD214 Faster
This product is for the veteran, their next-of-kin, or their legally appointed representative. If you're a member of the general public but want information concerning a veteran, then you should visit our
Do you need a certified copy of your or a close relative's DD214 for a Veteran's funeral benefit, job application, VA loan, medical benefits, association membership, school enrollment, reenlistment or for any other reason right away? Then you've come to the right place.
A DD214 for free? If you’re not in any hurry (you can afford to wait weeks to potentially months) and you’d like to “do it yourself” or need some guidance from us, you can get your DD214 for free or for just $19.95; visit our “Do It Yourself” and Guided DD214 Services.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have come to our site out of frustration because you ordered your DD214 from the government weeks or even months ago and you still haven’t received it, PLEASE DO NOT try to order it from us now. You have only one chart. Once the government receives your order, at some stage they will remove your chart from the shelf. Your chart then becomes inaccessible to anyone else until its return – which could be additional weeks later. In other words, once you’ve made your decision to acquire your DD214 from the government, you will most likely not be able to later change your mind and expedite the order through us - unless you want to gamble that we can still get to your chart before the government.|
This applies ONLY to records at NPRC - more recent separations with records at digital facilities are unaffected by any prior request.
But, if you need your DD214 fast, same-day and/or tomorrow* GUARANTEED, or within one week – keep reading. That's precisely our business. We are the DD Form 214 expediters! Our on-site researchers will always be able to get you your DD214 faster than if you were to apply through the government’s standard web, correspondence, telephone and/or fax processing procedures.
Touchstone’s Express Service is a personal research service. We act as your authorized agent. We assign your case to one of our specialized researchers who requests your DD214 (short OR long form) at the appropriate archives facility, physically, in person. If your order is received before 10 am Eastern Time, in many cases we can both make your DD214 available to you online for download through our secure server the same day and FedEx the two (2) certified hard-copies of your DD214 for your in-hand receipt the very next day.
Your records will be kept at one or more of well over 100 different government records repositories, each of which will have its own processing procedure - and processing times. The time in which the Government will provide our on-premises researchers with your "chart" will vary from facility to facility. We can obtain many records the same day. But some facilities will require a little more time. However, in well over 95% of cases, we will deliver a certified copy of your DD214 to you within 7 business days.
You should take these Government internal delays into consideration when you place your order.
As a part of our personal Express Service, if problems are encountered, we will either e-mail or call you to discuss and resolve any difficulties. This speeds the process over snail-mail correspondence.
How to Order
Records Facility Processing Times
First, take into consideration the typical internal Government facility delays.
- Then select the Express Service processing time that you require below. This is the time that should be added to the Government delay to determine approximately when your DD214 will be shipped.
- Click the Add to Cart button below, Checkout and then create your account.
- You'll be given several shipping options. Select your shipping method of choice, from overnight FedEx to 2-4 day Priority Mail.
- Finally, after you've paid and completed your order, there will be a download link to a form at your Order Page. The form provides us with your personal information, your military history, and most importantly your signature. Your records are protected by the Privacy Act and the law requires that we have your written authorization in order to allow us to access your records. Log Into your account and download the PDF form from there. OR, you can access the DD214 Request Form in either HTML (here) OR PDF (here) formats OR submit electronically (no fax required!) through our eSign Form (here) (Beta). Follow the form's simple instructions: complete the form, sign it and send it back to us ASAP so that we’ll have the necessary information and your authorization to commence our search for your DD214. We cannot begin until we have a copy of your signed authorization in-hand. This form MUST be signed by you so that we can act as your agent and on your behalf in regard to our search.
For economy services, either “Do It Yourself” or Guided Service, visit HERE. We have waived expedited fees if you require a DD214 for your loved one's funeral. If this is a bereavement request where you require a DD214 for a funeral, visit HERE.
Questions? Or order by phone!
How can our researchers get you your record so fast? We encourage you to read our FAQ (Click HERE)
for any questions or concerns.
The simplest and easiest way to obtain your DD214 is to order it here, online 24/7. But if you still have any questions or concerns ... you can access our on-line chat by clicking the chat button at left. Or call us toll-free: 800-At DD214 (800-283-3214).|
Our call center hours are M-F 08:30am to 11:00pm Eastern time, but is closed federal holidays. Our back-office operations are working 24/7 to move your order forward. The earlier you place your order, the sooner we will retrieve your documents.
Guaranteed, Bonded and Insured Service
In all cases, we GUARANTEE the fastest possible delivery. No one can get you your DD214 faster.
* Business Days. Same Day, Two and Three Day Express Service processing require our receipt of your signed authorization by 10 a.m. Eastern Time. Hard copy delivery, Fax and Online Download are all certified copies.
Delivery is FOB shipping point, delivery to shipper. Below are OUR process times, the time within which we will acquire your DD-214 and deliver it to the shipper. You should add to this any internal Government facility delays. Later in the order process you'll be able to select the shipping choice that best meets your needs.